Pelham High School
State Volleyball Tournament
The PHS Varsity Volleyball team will be competing for the State Championship this Wednesday and Thursday (we hope!) at the CrossPlex in Birmingham. The schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
9:30 a.m. Pelham vs Hazel Green
3:30 p.m. Pelham vs Northridge/Albertville (only if PHS wins the 9:30 a.m. match)
Thursday, October 31, 2019
1:15 p.m. State Finals (we must win both matches on Wednesday)
We will use the following procedures to permit students to attend the match(es) on Wednesday. The missed class time will only be excused if the entire process is completed.
- Students wishing to provide his/her own transportation to the Birmingham Crossplex on Wednesday have two options in purchasing tickets:
- Online Ticket Purchase (https://www.gofan.co/app/school/AHSAA/volleyball)
- Onsite Ticket Purchase. Admission is $10.00.
2. ONLINE TICKET PURCHASE: (2 items required) In order to receive an excused absence for Wednesday, students that purchased an online ticket via GoFan must bring his/her wristband attached to parent note to the attendance office no later than 9:00 a.m. Thursday. Students should write his/her name on the back of the wristband and attach it to their parent note in order to receive an excused absence. GoFan will provide us with a list and time stamp of all students that purchased an online ticket.
3. ONSITE TICKET PURCHASE: (3 items required) In order to receive an excused absence for Wednesday, students that purchased an onsite ticket must bring his/her wristband and ticket attached to the parent note, to the attendance office no later than 9:00 a.m. Thursday. Students should write his/her name on the back of the wristband and ticket in order to receive an excused absence.
4. All procedures outlined above must be followed in its entirety to receive an excused absence.
5. Details for Thursday (if we advance to the finals) will be released Wednesday evening.